Want to use your time, skills and energy to help JCS?
Join our team as a Volunteer!
Volunteers are key to the success of JCS. Without our volunteers, much of the work we do would not be possible. Members of our community generously give their time, skills and energy to support our work in a range of services and programs.
By becoming a volunteer with JCS you can make new friends, learn new skills or help someone in need with one of our programs, services or other particular areas that may include:
- Providing individual transport to someone to attend a fortnightly movie, a monthly group lunch, visit a loved one in hospital or residential facility or to a medical appointment.
- Offering companionship to an older person in the community who is in need of some regular company. Our Friendly Visiting program enables volunteers to be matched with a client in the community who commits to a weekly or fortnightly visit to chat, play cards, read the newspaper, go for coffee… anything that interests you both.
- Helping out with one of our regular group activities which may include helping to prepare for lunch, assist with a reading, computer, exercise, craft or special interest group.
- Providing basic administrative assistance and support to support administrative functions of JCS such keeping our website updated or production of the JCS newsletter.
- Providing on-going or specialist advice & skills for specific and specialised projects such as project planning, marketing, community development and research.
Interested in volunteering with us, but not sure if you can commit long term?
Some of our volunteer opportunities can be flexible to meet your needs!
The benefits of volunteering with JCS
- Expands your knowledge, skills and experience and increases your prospects of employment.
- Allows you to connect with individuals & communities, meet a diverse range of people and build friendships.
- Provides motivation, sense of worth, satisfaction and achievement.
- Give back to the community by helping others to improve independence, physical and psychological wellbeing.
- If you are recently retired or no longer working it’s a great way to fill in some of your newly found spare time.
- JCS provides reimbursement of approved expenses that are incurred as a result of your volunteer work such as mileage, lunch, parking and activity fees.
- All training relevant to each volunteer position is provided and funded by JCS, this includes a First Aid certificate.
- Compulsory National Police Record checks are funded by JCS.
To learn more about volunteering with JCS, check out our latest brochure.
Current Volunteer Positions with JCS
All our volunteer vacancies are advertised through seek volunteer.
To view our current volunteer vacancies, please click here