Important Notice COVID-19
The Jewish Community Services Board and Management are closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and taking a range of actions to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our clients, staff and community.
We are leaning on our core values: Mishpacha (family and community), Derek Eretz (respect), Tzedakeh (justice and benevolence), Chesed (kindness), Unity (for the benefit of our clients & future). These values have guided us since our founding in 1994 and we test all our actions against them.
Considering the current Coronavirus situation, we are following the instructions and guidelines from the Department of Health, SA Health and the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission and taking important actions to reduce the risk of exposure to the virus in our community. The information below is important and we ask that you please take the time to read it through. As a community, there are steps that we can all take together to control the spread of Coronavirus.
Protecting our clients:
- All JCS staff are trained and practice standard infection control procedures and hand hygiene protocols.
- As always, all JCS support workers are monitoring their health and will not provide services should they show any illness symptoms.
- JCS is preparing to further assist our clients should they choose to practice social distancing; we encourage you to contact us to use these services.
- All support workers are continually updated on the current situation and practise guidelines.
Protecting our staff and volunteers:
- It is important that you tell us if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or have been in contact with someone who has been confirmed to have COVID-19, or who has recently visited overseas and showing symptoms of the virus. In the interest of public health, your own health and wellbeing and that of your JCS support worker it is important that you tell us this. You can provide this advice by calling us on 08-83635400.
- To protect you and JCS staff, we will be asking you a short set of questions before commencing services via phone or before entering your home. Please understand that this is crucial to control the spread of the virus and for yours and your support worker wellbeing.
It is important that you read through the information below and stay up to date with the latest advice and restrictions issued by Government authorities.
Important information on Coronavirus (COVID-19):
COVID-19 is a new strain of coronavirus that has not previously been identified in humans and scientists are still learning about how it is spread, its severity and other characteristics of the virus. As the number of cases around the world continues to climb, it is important to monitor and follow advice from the Australian Government, SA Health and the World Health Organisation, and take steps to control the spread of the virus.
Older people are more vulnerable and at a higher risk of serious disease from COVID-19.
Steps you can take to help limit the spread:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand gel for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food.
- Keep away from other people and cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or a flexed elbow
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
- Stay home if you are sick
- Practice social distancing
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
People with COVID-19 may have a fever, cough, runny nose, shortness of breath and other symptoms. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia with severe acute respiratory distress. As always if you are unwell and concerned about your health please seek advice from a medical practitioner.
If you need to contact us about any of the above, or have any concerns or questions, please contact us on 08 8363 5400.